In the context of oil drilling successes and failures, MC252 is a
The crew of the Deepwater Horizon
were enormously successful and the enterprise aspects of MC252 blow the top
This is one of the biggest oil reservoirs ever struck, far more than
human technology can contain.
Minor flaws in a cement encasement
intended to seal British
Petroleum's (BP) MC252 well were most likely the root of last month's deadly
explosion on the Deepwater Horizon
drilling rig, according to
interviews, government officials, congressional hearing testimony, drilling
reports and other company documents.
The fact that cement casing of the well failed deep in the earth
is giving rise to more and more theories that the earth has begun to crack around MC252
and that oil seeping from compromised concrete well walls thousands of
meters below the surface is pushing its way horizontally and upwards to the
ocean sea bed and rushing upwards from many cracks in the sea bed.
A Russian scientist and expert in ROV robotics for deep-sea ocean
wells, Anatoly Sagalevich
, has circulated a report claiming the oil
leaking into the Gulf of Mexico is not just coming from the 22 inch well
bore site being shown on American television.
Sagalevich has reportedly claimed 18 other sites on a "fractured sea
with the largest being nearly 11 kilometres from Mc252
where the Deepwater Horizon sank, are spewing into these waters an estimated
"2 million gallons of crude per day".
Common sense suggests it must certainly be true that deep in the well,
cement, or pipes encased by cement, had to have
failed first before any of the publicly known events happened.
BP has always maintained that drilling relief wells is the best and
to the problem and history suggests BP is right.
A series of relief wells will slowly deplete the enormous crude oil
that the now sunk "Deepwater Horizon
" struck months ago.
In the meantime MC252 is a very productive oil well having faulty
, deep in the bowels of a volcanic oil reservoir
eruption, with no surface controls capable of controlling it.
Unambiguously, MC252 is now completely out of control.
The early June plan to kill the well
by injecting heavy
drilling fluids through the blowout preventer (BOP) on the seabed failed to
stem the flow of oil and gas and despite successfully pumping a total of
over 30,000 barrels of heavy mud in three attempts at rates of up to 80
barrels a minute.
BP's 'top kill' operation
, which also fired materials such
as golf balls and shredded tyres into the BOP to clog it, was followed with a
containment device known as a lower-marine riser package cap
,, a piece of equipment
that sits on top of the failed blowout preventer at the seabed, 5000 ft
below the surface of the ocean, a hostile environment where only robots can
Other attempts to stop the crude included the use of remotely
operated subs (ROV)
triggering switches to close the BOP valves and
placing the Top Hat, a steel and concrete container, over the broken pipe to
collect the oil.
Today we have an out-of-control, man-made, volcano-like eruption of
crude oil and methane gas
pouring billions of litres of oil into
U.S. President Barack Obama intends to address the United States and
in a televised broadcast at 8:00PM 15 June.
What Can Obama do
Besides Blame an Oil Company For U.S. Energy & Oil Exploration Policies
We hope President Obama is prepared to wake up and realize that U.S.
offshore oil policies
have now begun to substantially kill life on
More manpower is needed for the clean-up.
We would like to
see the United States bring all the troops and weapons back from Iraq
and help clean up the coast lines of the Mexican Gulf and Eastern
Seaboard. Protect America, Mr. Obama. You promised to get out of Iraq. Get
out! Now promise to take responsibility for American lives and livelihood
and do something substantial about the clean up.
Yes. Bring in the Army to genuinely save American lives and protect
MC252 Leak is Out Of Control
U.S. Marine Technologist Suggests 21,000-pound
munition to generate a shock wave that would force leaking pipes shut
The People Of Earth Have Few Options Left To Us By Leaders Like Bush And
We are now stuck with more drilling of more wells
relieve the pressure from the massive oil reservoir struck by "Deepwater
But drain the reservoir we must.
This unmitigated nonsense
circulating about a nuclear option
is pure "crash and
In recent developments
< Previous |
- While three relief well drilling efforts get fully underway, British Petroleum Plc (BP) said on 11 June (last Friday) it collected 15,400 barrels (646,800 gallons/2,448,404 liters) of oil in 24 hours on 10 June, a small decrease from 15,800 barrels collected in the previous 24 hours.
- That brings the cumulative total for six days to more than 88,700 barrels (3,725,400 gallons/14,102,173 liters), BP said.
- BP said it is reconfiguring a service rig used in the failed "top kill" attempt to receive and burn an additional 5,000 to 10,000 barrels per day.
- Once a "hard cap" containment system is in place by the middle of July, BP's oil-siphoning capacity will rise to up to 50,000 barrels per day, U.S. Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen said. BP's collection capacity is currently about 18,000 barrels per day, Allen said.
- U.S. scientists on Thursday doubled their high-end estimate of the amount of crude oil flowing from BP's stricken well into the Gulf of Mexico to as much as 40,000 barrels per day (1.68 million gallons/6.36 million liters).
- Florida demanded $2.5 billion in escrow to cover potential losses funds as heavier oil washed ashore.
- Mexico said it expects oil to reach its shores by December and is considering how to sue BP for damages.
--Ruffian.Angel at Themismusic.com