1. Establish a coalition central command through which to channel military aid
to Iraqi Kurds and charge it with:
a) coordinating weapons deliveries to, and training of, Kurdish peshmerga forces
by coalition members;
b) ensuring that weapons are exclusively
distributed to, and used by, KDP-PUK joint brigades;
c) engaging the peshmerga affairs minister and KDP-PUK joint-brigade
commanders on military tactics and the use of coalition-supplied weapons;
d) conditioning military support on coordination
of anti-IS operations with non-Kurdish actors in the disputed territories
and the Abadi government, and drafting with the Abadi government a post-IS
plan that foresees the reinstatement of local institutions and security
forces in these areas.
To the peshmerga affairs minister and the KDP and PUK leaderships:
2. Establish a joint operations room bringing
together the minister, KDP-PUK joint-brigade commanders and relevant
security agencies to draft a Kurdish national security strategy that would
ease delivery of coalition military aid.
3. Continue to integrate paramilitary forces
into KDP-PUK joint brigades that respond to a single chain of command and
refrain from deploying irregular forces against IS.
4. Improve coordination with the Abadi
government and Iraqi army on the provision of weapons and training to the
5. Complete integration of the KDP and PUK
military, security and intelligence services into the KRG.
To the Kurdistan region presidency:
6. Encourage consolidation of KRG institutions
in general and the peshmerga affairs ministry in particular and their
emancipation from partisan control.
7. Engage the Abadi government on the future of the disputed territories and
local institutions and refrain from calls for Kurdish independence.
8. Redouble efforts to coordinate KRG regional
security operations with PKK and PKK-allied forces.
To the government of Iraq:
9. Develop a joint security strategy with the
KRG to counter IS, and work with the KRG to settle outstanding disputes over oil exports and budget
To the governments of Turkey and Iran:
10. Support coalition efforts toward
institutionalising peshmerga forces and reinforcing their cooperation with
the central government.